1 Corinthians 13:
7. [Love] continuously covers all mankind; it is habitually loyal to all humanity; it constantly has an expectation for all mankind; it is continuously remaining under and giving support to all people.
(or, since “all” can also be neuter: It progressively puts a protecting roof over all things; it is habitually trusting in, and believing for, all things; it is continually hoping in or for all things; it keeps on patiently enduring all things.)
8. The Love (or, again: This love) never – not even once – fails (falls out or lapses; = becomes fruitless or ineffectual; [other MSS: falls down; collapses]).
8. "Those who are clean in the heart [are] happy and blessed, because they, themselves, will see God!
(or: = The folks that have had the core of their
beings made clean [are] happy people, in that
they will continue to see God [in everything]!)
3. "The destitute folks [are] happy in spirit because the reign of the heavens continually belongs to them
(or: Blessed [are] those dependent for support on the Spirit, for the
kingdom from the sky and the atmosphere is continuing to pertain to
them; The people who need to beg for sustenance [are made] happy
by the Breath-effect because the effect of the sovereignty of the
heavens is being a source in and for them)!
* * * NEW * * *
Jonathan's Old Testament Translations
(Currently Only Available Online - Catigory Under Construction - More To Come!)
Psalm 19 (LXX)
Unto the Goal (Into the Midst of the Finished Product and Destiny; Pertaining to
Maturity and the End)
A Psalm by (or: for; pertaining to) David
1. The skies (heavens; atmospheres) constantly set out, and continue fully describing in detail, an assumed appearance which is God (or: repeatedly relate, progressively tell, and keep on thoroughly declaring a glory of, and a reputation from, God), but (or: and yet) the effect of firmness and the result of solidity (or: the firmament) continuously recounts (proclaims again; reports back) a production of (or: a performing, a doing, a creating, a working, and a doing, from) His hands.
2. Day to (or: by) day continuously discharges (spews forth) a result of the Flow (or: repeatedly utters an effect of a gush of what is, or was, spoken; habitually bubbles up a saying), and then night to (or: by) night continuously recounts (proclaims again; reports back) Gnosis (intimate, experiential Knowledge and Insight).
3. Are there (or: they) not continual conversations (or: Do not chats and speeches continuously exist) and not also [are they/there] words (expressed thoughts; reasons; ideas; patterned messages, blueprints), from which, are not their voices (or: sounds; articulations) constantly heard (normally listened to and obeyed)?
4. Their sound (tone; voice) goes forth (or: went out) into the midst of all the earth – and the results of the Flow (effects of the gush of utterances) into limits (boundaries) of the habitable earth (or: inhabited land).
5. Within the midst of the sun He set (placed; pitched) His tabernacle (tent), and He Himself repeatedly emerges and journeys forth as (or: like) a bridegroom, from out of the midst of His bridal chamber; He will continually rejoice, as (or: like) a mighty one (a giant), to run His course (path; way; road).
6. From an extremity (or: tip) of the sky (heaven; atmosphere) [is] His going forth (the exodus pertaining to Him), and the result of His arrival at the goal [is] as far as [another] extremity (tip) of the sky (heaven; atmosphere), and thus, there is no one who will continue hidden from His heat.
7. The Law of (principle from; custom pertaining to) the LORD [Yahweh] [is] spotless (faultless; unblemished; blameless), progressively turning souls about (continuously converting consciousnesses; repeatedly turning [people] around); the testimony of (witness from; evidence pertaining to) [the] LORD [Yahweh] [is] faithful (trustworthy; reliable), progressively making infants wise.
8. The effects of the rightful acts (or: the results of the just deeds and rightwising actions, which are the Way pointed out) of, from, and which are [the] LORD [Yahweh] [are] well-placed (rightly set for goodness), constantly giving the heart a good attitude and a healthy frame of mind; the implanted goal (imparted destiny; inner directive) of, from, and which is, [the] LORD [Yahweh] [is] shiny, bright and radiant (visible from afar), progressively giving light to (continuously enlightening; constantly illuminating) [the] eyes.
9. The reverent respect (or: fear) of, from, and which is, the LORD [Yahweh] [is] pure, continuously enduring (constantly remaining throughout) on into an indefinite time period of an age (or: unto age [after] age; or: into a lifetime of [Messiah’s] Age); the effects of the evaluations and decisions of (results of the judgments from) [the] LORD [Yahweh] [are] true (valid; real), being those having been rightwised and turned in the right direction, upon itself (or: made just, in the Way pointed out, on the same [basis]):
10. things to be fully desired (passionately rushed upon) over and above gold and much precious (valuable; worthy) stones – sweeter above (more than) honey and honeycomb.
11. You see, even Your slave constantly keeps watch over, guards and maintains them; in the [situation] to habitually keep watch over, guard and maintain them, [there is] much pay-back (or: great corresponding reward or wage).
12. Who will proceed making flow together, so as to understand, the effects of transgressions (the results of falls to the side [of the path])? At once cleanse me from my hidden ones!
13. Also, do spare Your slave from estranged folks (or: strangers; foreigners)! If they cannot (or: would or should not) exercise lordship (dominion; mastery) over me, or take ownership of me, then I will continue existing being spotless (faultless; unblemished; blameless), and I will be progressively cleansed from a great failure (or: a great deviation; great error; great sin).
14. And thus, the little words (expressed thoughts, reasons and ideas; blueprints) of, and from, my
mouth, as well as the meditation of my heart, will continue being unto good pleasure (approval; good form; an appearance of wellness; an appropriate opinion; a good reputation; a healthy imagination) in Your presence (or: before You, and in Your sight) through all situations and throughout all times, O LORD [Yahweh], my Helper (Aid; Assistant; the One who runs to the aid of my cry for help) and my Redeemer (the One who delivers and releases me by paying the ransom).
New Testament (JMNT)
Easy tip for discovering God's beautiful message in the JMNT: Type keywords for that Bible verse you always wondered about into a search engine (especially if you can't remember the exact book, chapter & verse in the Bible), and compare the Bible verses from other translations that come up in the search results with the JMNT. Simply make note of the scripture reference online (e.g.: John 3:16, etc.), then make the comparison by looking up the verse in Jonathan Mitchell's translation. You don't need to read large portions of the JMNT in one sitting to discover how the comparisons may change your life (and your views about God) in a very rewarding and empowering way. Instead, simply meditate on any new insight being revealed, and then put even the smallest seed of truth into action in your daily life . . .
and then watch God make it grow (1 Corinthians 3:7)!
Download EASY TO READ Verse-by-Verse
comments and explanations
on a collection of
Jonathan Mitchell's New Testament
FREE - Download All 4 PDF Books in this Continuing Series of
(Great companions to the JMNT!)
ALL 5 OF JONATHAN'S
Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.com
Order from Barnesandnoble.com
(Updated 2019 Edition)
Order from Amazon.com
JONATHAN'S 4TH COMMENTARY
Peter's Encore & Later Paul
Comments on 2 Peter & Ephesians
Order from Amazon.com
JONATHAN'S 3RD COMMENTARY
JONATHAN'S 2ND COMMENTARY
JONATHAN'S 1ST COMMENTARY
Jonathan's first five volumes in a series of New Testament commentaries
Great companions to:
The New Testament
If you like the Amplified Bible, this translation unpacks more Word!
GOD'S MESSAGE OF
WHICH BRINGS GOD'S
GIFTS OF HIS SPIRIT,
HIS LIFE, HIS GRACE,
HIS POWER, HIS
FAIRNESS, HIS PEACE
AND HIS LOVE